Shalom Sisters MHNCB,
When beginners search for a way to store their sewing supplies/notions/stuff, it could be rather daunting where your going to put all this amazing stuff. So I’m going to show you a list of some of the many ways you can put all your sewing supplies into a wonderful sewing kit.
Ever since I started sewing I’ve had this thing where I just love sewing kits, whether it be a wooden sewing box or a toolbox used as a sewing box. It doesn’t matter I just have this little maña/habit of drooling over sewing kits.
Wanna see whats in my sewing kit? Click → Here.
At the top of my list and my most favorite way of storing sewing supplies is wooden sewing boxes, there are so many variations and styles.
You can also use,
- Tackle Boxes/ Tool Boxes (which is where I have mine currently check it out Here)
- Lunch Boxes
- Mason Jars
- Egg Cartons
- Plastic Stackable Clear Containers
- Outing Baskets
- Eyeglass Cases
- Cookie Tins (Remember Those;)
I must confess I did have cookie tin sewing kits, it’s so cute and has this sort of vintage feel to it I love the simplicity of them 😉 You can check out my cookie tin sewing kits Here.
Click Here for the Tin Box sewing kit tutorial.
Click Here for egg carton sewing kit tutorial.
You can even make a little portable Tooth Floss container sewing kit, so cool check it out Here.
Wherever you choose to keep your sewing supplies there are some things to keep in mind:
- It must be organized and clean.
- Ease of reach during projects .
- Not to small so all your stuff can fit yet not too big.
- It’s better if your kit is portable, so that if you need to take it with you anywhere you can just grab and go. Unless you’re not going to take it anywhere.
- You enjoy looking at it, I can’t tell you how many times I go into my sewing room just to look at my sewing kit and get inspiration.
Shalom MHNCB, Until Next Time!
Disclaimer: I own none of the pictures above. They're just pictures I found on the web, If you own any of the pictures above contact me so I can link it to your blog/website ;)